Friday, August 27, 2010

......more red pee....less red hair!!

The dog's shedding......Hilary's shedding......I'm slowly losing my hair. It's a wonder you can see through the house and.....the vacuum sucks if you'll excuse the pun. Someone suggested she not go out in a high wind!

Today is "H" day. Noon is "B" hour. Hil get's the rest of her hair buzzed off today. It's driving her nuts so it's time. Mebbe I'll get a sympathy buzz at the same time.......mebbe! (H is for hair. B is for buzz.) Her wig shows up on Tuesday. I like the style! More of a layered look.

Yesterday was round two in the ring of chemo. Good news though. No adverse reaction this time, certainly due to the pre-meds she was getting the day before. Course she can't sleep coz she's higher'n kite but that'll wear off. The really good news is that her spleen has subsided! Still not normal but no longer a threat. She's eating better because it's not exerting pressure on her stomach. Naturally she immediately starts talking about hitting balls on the tennis court. No comment. LOL. As Minnie the oncologist said......"YES!!"

Her old friend Rosie took her down to the hospital in the morning and I followed about half an hour later. Barb had taken her down the previous day for her bloodwork. I had to leave about 11.30 or so. Life goes on and the golf course called........work that is. They were there about seven hours but this time they got everything into her........not like last time. Rosie sat there chatting away and doing her bead work....on piece work for crying out loud. I offered to engineer the process for her as it didn't look too efficient. I figured she was only making about four bucks and hour!!

What they didn't see were the guys two stations down, mind you I do tend to see people through my own tinted glasses.
The first was short. Hey I'm short but this guy's feet didn't touch the floor.....that's short!
He was brown in his mid fifties with a smile on his face. Totally bald without a crease in his face and shiny! He was obviously cold as someone had thrown a green blanket over him. He immediately reminded me of the four ball on a snooker table.......with ears.
I nodded to him. He smiled ruefully.

The second was grey! Skinny and grizzled. Short pepper and salt hair and beard. Fast asleep with his mouth wide open. Someone had taken his teeth out. What surprised me was how wide was his mouth. Totally relaxed. I swear I could've put my entire fist in his mouth without touching a gum. He was snoring! Not a pretty sight as my dad would have said. New blood feeding into his arm. Transfusion time. Bit sad that.

So we move on. Another day. More pills. More needles. Hil's sister shows up from England next week. Bit of golf.....wedding to go to. Life goes on. Slightly modified. Keep laughing. My favourite expression "It is what it is."
Lot of people a lot worse off. I feel for people who are on their own. We are not!!
Friends here. Friends on the West Coast. Friends in the States.
Still getting cards.....and food.....cookies!!!

Thanx folks!

No comments: